'Vi' cursor movement

Don Dillon dondd at hpmwtd.HP.COM
Fri Feb 9 07:46:14 AEST 1990

		This is a question concerning 'vi'

	Is it  possible  to map some keys such that they  would act just
like the h-j-k-l  cursor  movement keys, but would move the cursor while
in the insert mode?

	Maybe its  already  built into the editor and I'm  missing  this
feature  in the  documentation,  but I'll be  darned  if I can  find any
reference to it at all.

	What I would like is to add into my .exrc  file  something  like
this ( where 'xxx' is what I'm looking for ) :

#
#	map the cntl-h key to move cursor left while in insert mode
#
map	^H	xxx
#
#	map the cntl-j key to move cursor down while in insert mode
#
map	^J	xxx
#
#	map the cntl-k key to move cursor up while in insert mode
#
map	^K	xxx
#
#	map the cntl-l key to move cursor right while in insert mode
#
map	^L	xxx
#
#

	I would appreciate any help at all, thanx.

Don Dillon

INTERNET : dondd at hpmwetg
HPDESK   : Don Dillon /HP5700/UX
TELNET   : 577-2869