How does one refresh a terminal screen in SysV/386 curses ?

Sam Christie samc at ntpdvp1.UUCP
Sat Feb 24 05:31:24 AEST 1990

We are building an application under SysV/386 which makes heavy
use of terminals and curses routines for screen optimization.
The application consists of multiple overlapping windows which
come and go frequently.

Dial up users find that noise really trashes the screen, so it
would be nice to refresh it at a certain key stroke, say cntl-R.
Since the entire application gets all input from one of two
'C' functions, we would like to build the refresh logic into
those two places.  Does anyone know how to get curses to send its
entire terminal buffer out ?

Your reply via e-mail will be appreciated by,

Sam Christie                            Standard Disclaimer Applies
Northern Telecom - DMS-10
Research Triangle Park, NC
EMAIL ...!uunet!mcnc!rti!ntpdvp1!samc
919/992-3917