memcpy != bcopy (Was Re: bcopy() bzero())

James R. Howard jrh at mustang.dell.com
Tue Feb 13 15:10:02 AEST 1990

> >larryd1 at attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Larry Clark) writes:
> >>	I'm porting sources from the bsd world into a Sys V environment
> >>	and need an explanation of bcopy() and bzero().

Okay, I have read some of the replies, but I thought I would point out
that on my SYS V
system (Dell 386/ix SVR3.2) the file libinet.a has these routines.  So,
typically when
porting applications over, I just edit the makefile to add -linet into
the build.  This of
course may not be the case on your system, but if it is, it may save you
some time.

James Howard
..cs.utexas.edu!dell!mustang!jrh   or    jrh at mustang.dell.com

"I've got a firm policy on gun control, if there's a gun
around, I want to be the one controlling it."
-- Clint Eastwood