Help with RCS

Ben White white at leadsv.UUCP
Wed Feb 21 05:06:12 AEST 1990

I am having a minor problem using RCS (Revision Control System).  Namely,
whenever someone checks out a file (using the "co" command), this modifies
the RCS file, and this in turn triggers a re-compile for everyone in the
work group who has dependencies to that file in his/her Makefile.

The work-around that we currently use is to look at the date on the RCS
file (using ls -l) before check-out, and then manually reset the date
(using Sys V touch) to this "previous" value after performing the check-out.
This works, but it is tedious and easy to forget.

Is anyone aware of a better solution?

*** PLEASE E-MAIL ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS, and I will summarize and post the
good ones.  I am usually a couple weeks behind the "current" postings
in c.u.q., so if you just post there, I won't see it for quite a while.

Ben White		pyramid!leadsv!white
			white at leadsv.lmsc.com	(less reliable)
			(408) 743-7125