Book on vi editor needed.

Henry McGilton--Software Products henry at angel.Sun.COM
Wed Feb 21 06:18:22 AEST 1990

In article <10778 at bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, mldenny at bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael L. Denny) writes:

    *  I am looking for a book that would service as a
    *  tutorial type manual for the editor vi.  The editor at
    *  my new job is vi, they have no other editor available
    *  so books on only vi would be most appreciated!  The
    *  bookstore mentioned that I would need the title and
    *  publisher before they would be able to track the book
    *  down for ordering purposes.

My first suggestion is Editing in a UNIX Environment
		    The vi/ex Editor,
		    by Mohamed el Lozy, published by Prentice-Hall.

My second suggestion is Introducing UNIX System V
			by Rachel Morgan and Henry McGilton
			published by McGraw-Hill
			covers UNIX in general, in addition to VI.

My third suggestion is  A Practical Guide to UNIX System V
			by Mark Sobell
			published by Benjamin Cummings
			also a general book on UNIX,
			with a good chapter on VI.

| Henry McGilton    | The days of UNIX as a    |                           |
| Sun Microsystems  | phenomenon are over; now | arpa: hmcgilton at sun.com   |
| 2550 Garcia       | we want to know what     | uucp: ...!sun!angel!henry |
| Mountain View, CA | UNIX can do for us.      |                           |