Book on vi editor needed.

Steve Friedl friedl at mtndew.UUCP
Thu Feb 22 02:40:41 AEST 1990

In article <10778 at bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, mldenny at bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael L. Denny) writes:

> I am looking for a book that would service as a tutorial type manual for
> the editor vi.  The editor at my new job is vi, they have no other editor
> available so books on only vi would be most appreciated!
> The bookstore mentioned that I would need the title and publisher before
> they would be able to track the book down for ordering purposes.

The Nutshell handbook on vi is *outstanding*.  The writing style
is excellent (as are the Nutshell books), and even I learned a couple
of things from the book.  Call O'Reilly & Assoc at +1 800 338 NUTS.

You can't go wrong with a Nutshell handbook.

     Steve

P.S. - just a satisfied customer, etc.

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / Software Consultant / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561 voice   /   friedl at vsi.com   /   {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

"Winning the Balridge Quality Award is as easy as falling off a horse." - me