How to get the pathname of the current executable?

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Thu Feb 8 07:56:10 AEST 1990

  The subject of finding the full path name of the currently running
process was discussed in comp.unix.wizards fairly recently (in September
of last year, to be precise), and pretty much beaten until dead.

  The best posting on the subject was the one I've tacked onto the end
of this article; it is a routine to do what you want whenever it's
possible, with a whole bunch of comments explaining when (and why) it's not.

  I hope it helps.

  BTW, I didn't write it, I'm just reposting it.

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710

Article 19066 of comp.unix.wizards: