plot(1G) for postscript

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Thu Feb 8 03:35:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb6.161734.24524 at ccu.umanitoba.ca>,
rahardj at ccu.umanitoba.ca (B.
Rahardjo) writes:
> Is there any plot(1G) program that has postscript as an option ?
> plot -Tps ? plotps ?
>
> What I want is something like :
>
> echo 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 1 4 0 | graph | plotps

  I don't know about public domain implementations of a PostScript(TM)
plot filter, but Adobe's TranScript(TM) package (which provides various
utilities for using PostScript under Unix) includes a psplot filter that
is compatible with the standard Unix plot utility and generates
PostScript.  There are a lot of other handy utilities too.

  I don't have a phone number for Adobe, but their address is:

    Adobe Systems, Incorporated
    1585 Charleston Road
    Mountain View, CA  94039-7900

  I don't work for Adobe, I never have, I probably never will.  I'm just
somebody who uses their software and has access to our sources for it
(yes, they give you source, if you pay for it) so I could look up the
address :-).

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710