Some core dump questions

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Fri Feb 2 03:59:52 AEST 1990

In article <9459 at ttidca.TTI.COM>, paulb at ttidca.TTI.COM (Paul Blumstein) writes:
> You were on the right track, but didn't make it small enough.
> 	limit coredump 0
> under csh will do what you want.  The neat thing is that the bombed
> program will terminate faster since it doesn't have to format the
> dump before it terminates.  You probably got confused by the man page which
> implies that 0 = unlimited.  Actually, I don't know how to set it back to
> unlimited.

    % unlimit coredumpsize

  Actually, all you really have to type is "unlimit co", since
unambiguous abbreviations are permitted by the shell (which is why
"limit coredump 0" works).

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710