crontab update

Erik Ohrnberger ohrnb at edstip.EDS.COM
Fri Feb 23 03:57:27 AEST 1990

I have a question about the safest way to update the cron program's
crontab file.  What I currently do is update the crontab file, and then
rebot the system, to make sure that cron program reads the updated contab
file.  Is all this required?  Does the cron program re-read the crontab
file everytime that it wakes up?  Is there a special procedure to correctly
update the crontab file?

		Any help would be greatly appreciated.

		Thank,		Erik B-)

--
Erik Ohrnberger             Work: sharkey!edsews!edstip!ohrnb
2620 Woodchase Court        Home: sharkey!nucleus!echocen!erik

--
Erik Ohrnberger             Work: uunet!edsews!edstip!ohrnb