Who uses 'adb' debugger? (Supplementary to my own question.)

Clement Lee clement at buengf.bu.edu
Thu Jan 11 17:07:08 AEST 1990

It seems that cdb is a "not so popular" C debugger, and not many
people know about it.  Okay, then after I have gone to check it out, I
found out that it says "Copyright 1984 Third Eye Software, Inc." and
the version number is 19040 (I am running UMAX 4.2, same as 4.2 BSD,
on an Encore Multimax machine).  Also, in the on-line help, there is a
subset of commands which says dbx subset.  (dbx was mentioned by
Kirtikumar Satam, satam at ecs.umass.edu, in previous article.)

My friend in CS told me that gdb (GNU) and cdb are better than sdb or
adb, and gdb is the best, but to run gdb, the C program has to be
compiled by gcc.  But I still have no idea of what is better.

If anyone has any experience and opinion to share, please do so. And
thanks for those previous replies.

Also, gdb and cdb "man" pages can be sent upon request.

- Clement.

Internet, CSNET:  clement%buengf.bu.edu at bu-cs.bu.edu
UUCP:  ...!{harvard,mit-eddie}!bu-cs!buengf.bu.edu!clement