Unix Operating System on an PC XT.

Richard Todd Wall wall-rt at cscosl.ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 18 14:57:07 AEST 1990

     I am currently interested in running a unix operating system on
my IBM PC XT clone, and I would like some input from any fellow unix
IBMers as to the best one to get.
     Here are some things I would like to have access to...

       1)  uucp with the ability to get news and send mail to other
           unix machines.
       2)  Have multi-user, multi-processing capibilities.
       3)  Run a terminal off my serial port.
       4)  I need one with a C compiler that can handle large files like
           NETHACK.
       5)  And one that will boot off of floppies and then only access
           my second hard drive.  i.e.  I want to still be able to do
           MSDOS and not loose my data.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated..  Thanks again.

                            -> Todd Wall <-

wall-rt at cscosl.ncsu.edu