Q: Problem with null suffix rules (make)

Clarence Dold dold at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Wed Jan 17 03:05:40 AEST 1990

in article <307 at spectra.COM>, scott at spectra.com (Tim Scott) says:

> The whole idea of null suffixes is good, since that way I don't
> have to modify the makefile each time I add, remove or change the
> name of a program.c in the directory.

You can clear out all predefined suffixes with (pg 6 of make(1)):
.SUFFIXES:
with no dependencies clears the list of suffixes.
Put your own back in with:
.SUFFIXES: .o
You might also try undefining the rule regarding the .c to .o conversion:
.o.c:;

--
---
Clarence A Dold - dold at tsmiti.Convergent.COM            (408) 435-5293