Who uses 'adb' debugger? (Supplementary to my own question.)

Clement Lee clement at buengf.bu.edu
Fri Jan 12 22:49:33 AEST 1990

After I have done a little work, I found out that (based on my machine):

   adb - is an assembly language debugger, and can also debug binary
         files.

   sdb - is a symbolic debugger for C, Fortran-77.

   gdb - is a source level symbolic debugger for C, and has something
         of the flavor of dbx, but has more features and power.
         (Since I've never used dbx, I can't compare gdb w/ dbx.)

   cdb - is a debugger for C, Fortran, and assembly programs, and the
         two main differences between cdb and other debuggers are:

            + cdb can attach to an existing process.

            + cdb can be used to debug multiple processes as will as
              a single process.

So, that is it all.

And again, thanks for all previous advice.

- Clement.

--
Internet, CSNET:  clement at buengf.bu.edu (clement%buengf.bu.edu at bu-cs.bu.edu)
UUCP:  ...!{harvard,mit-eddie}!bu-cs!buengf.bu.edu!clement