patch2.0 error ? (or why do patch8 for elm fail ?)

Jonathan Knight jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 21:01:46 AEST 1990

>From article <628 at aut.UUCP>, by huber at aut.UUCP (Huber Daniel):
> Then I patched Elm2.2 with the patches #0..#7. Everything works great.
>
> But with patch #8.......  see below what's happened.

The patch 8 that was posted to the net was corrupt.  You need to find
a neighbour with the patch or use the mail server on dsinc.com.  I
had exactly the same problem, and fixed it by getting a good copy of the
patch.
--
  ______    JANET :jonathan at uk.ac.keele.cs     Jonathan Knight,
    /       BITNET:jonathan%cs.kl.ac.uk at ukacrl Department of Computer Science