PS1='$

HIM tron1 at tronsbox.UUCP
Sat Jan 6 18:00:53 AEST 1990

>I noticed in a recent discussion that using PS1='${PWD}' will cause the
>working directory path to become the UNIX prompt.  This works fine, but

Certainly didn't work for ME!

(ISC 2.0.2 "sh")

Try this

PS1=[`pwd`]`echo " $ "`

to get

[/usr/foo] $

for a login

Everything I say is (c) 1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1 at tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568