Motorola Unix driver writing problems.

Doug Toppin X2075 toppin at melpar.UUCP
Wed Jan 10 09:15:58 AEST 1990

I am posting this for a friend:

We are running Motorola Unix R3V5 on the 68020 and are having
trouble with several driver related things.

* Where can we find a device driver writing manual for this OS?

* Are there any internals manuals specifically for this OS?

* What kernel functions call the kernel sleep function and may
  be interrupted?

* What happens when ioctl by an application is interrupted by a signal?
  We have seen on Sun and HP Unix that the application gets an
  error return, this does not appear to happen on Motorola.

* What interrupt level is the clock timer?

* When a kernel routine calls wakeup, is the awakened task
  scheduled immediately or after the current running process completes?

Please respond as quickly as possible.

thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin