Is it possible to nest Csh command substitution?

Clark Morgan @ APD x4813 cmorgan at mentor.com
Wed Jun 6 18:28:16 AEST 1990

Within Bourne shell it is possible to nest command subsitution,
like so:

      % /bin/sh
      $ echo `echo \`echo stuff\``
      stuff

This has idiom has its uses.  I can't come up with similar
Csh syntax that works.  Here's what Csh says when handed
the same command line as above:

      % echo `echo \`echo stuff\``
      Unmatched `.

Is there any way to do this in Csh?  If it matters, I'm running
SR10.3 on an Apollo DN4500, using either the SYSV or BSD version
of Csh.

If this is a frequently asked/trivial question, please don't
post the answer, just send me e-mail.

Thanks in advance!

--
          Clark O. Morgan -- Mentor Graphics Corp.
cmorgan at pdx.mentor.com              ...!uunet!mntgfx!cmorgan