Modem

Marc Siegel smarc at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Sat Jun 16 02:02:27 AEST 1990

In article <23608 at adm.BRL.MIL>, rich at tincan.sawyer.af.mil (Richard Wachter) writes:

> 	Well here goes. I've got a AT&T 3B2/600g running UNIX System V
> 3.2. I have a Zenith modem connected to one of the tty ports. After many
> hours of trial and error it works just great. However if for some reason
> you lose the connection it does not log the person off. It does reset the
> modem but if you call back it doesn't ask for a login it takes you back to
> the same place you left. This is great if no one calls in between your
> disconnect and your reconnect. Cause if they do they become you and don't
> have to login.
> 	If anyone out there can help with this please send me some mail.
>
> SRA Richard Wachter
> rich at tincan.sawyer.af.mil          (132.39.2.1)
> 2001csxp at sacemnet.af.mil           (26.17.0.144)

Check the gettydefs entry you are using with uugetty. it should
contain HUPCL in the entry.

HUPCL causes the session to terminate (HANGUP) on close.

You may want to make your own gettydefs entry for the modem
although I think HUPCL should be in _all_ the entries.

       _                                 |   Marc Siegel
      ' )--,--,                          |   Randallstown, Maryland
       /  /  / __.  __  _                |   {uunet}!wb3ffv!mas!smarc
      /  /  (_(_/|_/ (_(_'               |   smarc at mas.wb3ffv.AMPR.ORG