The famous inews error

Paul D. Crowley aipdc at castle.ed.ac.uk
Sat Jun 9 04:31:29 AEST 1990

rick at tmiuv0.uucp sez in <2193 at tmiuv0.uucp>
|In article <1059 at fiver.UUCP>, palowoda at fiver.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:
|>   Ok I give in.  What causes the error message from 'inews'
|>
|>   inews: Article rejected: palowoda included more text than new text
|>   Article appended to /usr/palowoda/dead.article

|This aspect of inews'
|behaviour was created to try to keep the bandwidth of the net down.

|--
1  .-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
2 / [- O] Rick Stevens (All opinions are mine. Everyone ignores them anyway.) \
3|    ?   +--------------------------------------------------------------------|
4|    V   | uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick             (<-- Work (ugh!))             |
5|--------+ uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop           (<-- Home Unix (better!))     |
6|  uunet!perigrine!ccicpg!conexch!amoeba2!rps2  (<-- Home Amiga (Best!!)      |
7 \ 75006.1355 at compuserve.com (CIS: 75006,1355)  (<-- CI$)                    /
9"I was Caesarean born.  When I leave the house, I use the window."
A                                         - Steven Wright

As was the system to restrict .sigs to four lines...

I sometimes wish this program automatically chopped .sigs from included
text unless specifically  told to do otherwise, because it peeves me
when people quote them with no intention of commenting on them.
\/ o\ Paul Crowley aipdc at uk.ac.ed.castle
/\__/ "Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Sledge Hammer