SCCS/cftime clash

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Jun 14 22:37:36 AEST 1990

In article <1056 at nixsin.UUCP> koerberm at nixsin.UUCP (Mathias Koerber) writes:
>I got a problem involving SCCS. In my program (stored as an SCCS-file)
>I use cftime(buf,"%d%m%y%H%M%S",&now) to generate a date/timestring
>	ddmmyyHHMMSS.
>
>The problem is, that SCCS already converts the %H% that is caused by the
>combination of %H and %M to look like 06/13/90, ie. it replaces the date
>when I get the file for compilation.

The easy way to fix this is to change your call to cftime as follows:

	cftime(buf,"%d\%m\%y\%H\%M\%S",&now)

Which will do what you want and won't match any current or future SCCS
id keywords.

>Is there a way to tell SCCS:
>	- not to change a specific keyletter,
>	- not to change at all ( there is -k)
>	- not to change keyletters in a specifig range. I think of something

There is no way not to change a range, and you probably don't want to turn
off changing of the key letters since you should have them in real sccsid
strings.

If you really want to get the sccs version without having the keys translated,
you could do the following:

	get -e s.junk.c
	rm p.junk.c
	chmod -w junk.c

in your makefile, but I would recommend the backslash solution I listed above.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170