printing backwards

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Jun 7 07:41:33 AEST 1990

In article <529 at skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov> bruno at skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov writes:
>I was wondering if there is a way to print a document backwards.

Unfortunately, your question was too general.  The general answer is,
no there is no universal UNIX way to do this.  However, in some specific
cases there are ways.  For example, in our environment, page reversal
for output intended for Imagen laser printers can be accomplished in
several different ways, the most convenient being to let the Imagen
printer controller take care of it (since different printer models
delivery paper in different natural order).  You should examine the
manuals that describe the particular printer support you have to see
if your installation supports such a facility.