3b2 Unkillable Processes

BKEHOE%WIDENER.BITNET at cornellc.cit.cornell.edu BKEHOE%WIDENER.BITNET at cornellc.cit.cornell.edu
Thu Jun 14 07:06:24 AEST 1990

  I'm sure this has been brought up thousands of times before, but..
  I was using cu over a direct line to another one of our systems here, and
started a %take, then aborted it. My process on the other machine hung, as
well as on the local one. When I logged back into the local one, my cu process
was still alive (but wasn't accumulating any CPU time). I tried everything
under the sun (bad, bad pun), then got in touch w/ the sysadmin & she tried
to kill it su'ing as well as coming in directly as root, but it just wouldn't
die.
  Oh, the machine's a 3b2/400 under SysVR3.2.
  Any ideas?
  Anybody have a program/script/whatever that would take care of those?

--
Brendan Kehoe (bkehoe at widener.bitnet) -- Sun Systems Manager