Duplicating tapes accross the network

Robert L. Howard rhoward at msd.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 7 06:13:13 AEST 1990

In article <10196 at hydra.gatech.EDU> rhoward at msd.gatech.edu (Robert L. Howard) writes:
>I got this really great way to make duplicates of tapes between
>machines...
[stuff about errors is deleted]

>The command to duplicate the tape was:
>
>        dd if=/dev/rst0 bs=126b | rsh <host> dd of=/dev/rst0 bs=126b

The problem was that I had a tape with multiple files on it and
things were getting all messed up.  I wrote a shell script around
the above command and solved the problem.

Sorry about jumping the gun on the problem

Thanks
Robert
--
Robert L. Howard  (GTRI/STL/MSD)             (404) 528-7165
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!msd!rhoward
Internet: rhoward at msd.gatech.edu