3b2 Unkillable Processes

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.att.com
Fri Jun 15 20:46:51 AEST 1990

In article <23658 at adm.BRL.MIL> rbottin at atl.calstate.edu (Richard John Botting) writes:
"Brendan Kehoe (bkehoe at widener.bitnet)
"writes about a 'cu' process that can't even be killed by 'root'.
[]
"I'd love to hear of REAL solution (that means $0 and 1 hour of guru time).

i've seen this on a 3b2/600 with eports cards; i'm told there's a bug
in the tty driver...

my solution was to 'pump' the eports card (reload its resident
software); then processes associated with those ttys can (in fact,
must) be killed.  3b2 ports cards can't be 'pumped', though.  you're
on your own with other machines.

--
Ragged Individualist	|	 But I thought we were *ALL* iconoclasts!      |