Is it possible to nest Csh command substitution?

Greg Limes limes at ouroborous.Sun.COM
Thu Jun 7 14:11:51 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun6.215148.9668 at athena.mit.edu> jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
>In article <1990Jun6.082816.13649 at mentor.com>, cmorgan at mentor.com (Clark
>Morgan  @ APD x4813) writes:
>|> [Is it possible to do nested command substitution in csh?]
>
>  No, I'm fairly certain it's not possible to do this.

Anyone else out there took Clint Staley's "unix hacking" class out at
UC Santa Barbara? No? I guess I gotta pipe up then ...

Without thinking too much about the problem, he tossed this one at us
as an assignment. It turns out to be possible, but extremely hairy -- I
tend to remember weird stuff like this, but this was *too* weird.
--
Greg Limes   limes at sun.com   ...!sun!limes   73327,2473   CGDB02A [choose one]
		A Fool and his Money are soon Partying ...