(none)

Randal Schwartz merlyn at iwarp.intel.com
Sat Jun 16 08:06:24 AEST 1990

In article <23677 at adm.BRL.MIL>, frech at mwraaa (Norman R. Frech CPLS) writes:
| Why will "perl perl.script" work on my 5000/80 System V.3 but
| "perl.script" will not?  I have #!/usr/bin/perl as the first line
| of the perl.script but it does not help.  I am running csh.  Running
| the command "sh perl.script" does not work either.

This question might have gotten a little better response in comp.lang.perl,
but since I am reading over here...

Only BSD-based systems understand the #! hack.  You need to put

eval "exec /usr/bin/perl -S $0 $*"
	if $running_under_some_shell;

as the first two lines of your script.  This is documented in the
manpage (troff page 3, but your mileage may vary).

printf "%s %s %s %s%c", 'Just', 'another', 'Perl', 'hacker', 44
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |