What, again ?

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Wed Mar 21 01:19:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar19.185147.4857 at pilikia.pegasus.com> art at pilikia.pegasus.com (Art Neilson) writes:
>The following news article is from this morning's Honolulu Advertiser,
>dated MONDAY March 19, 1990 (On the Global page, section A for local folk).
>What, do we have a another hacker on our hands ?

A.  We've got a couple hundred thousand hackers on our hands and/or
machines; the question should be "do we have another criminal on
our network?"

B.  The AP reports in the Boston Globe came with editorial
embellishments (enclosed in [] after the AP text) that indicated
that the Globe had talked to people at Harvard who confirmed
breakins.

C.  CERT's issued a warning of illegal-entry attempts
but a mild disclaimer of the newspaper articles as written,
which are buggy (what else? :-), containing incorrect
terms for the activity.

				--Blair
				  "D.  Who was that masked man?
				   I wanted to charge him for his