History on SAR -S- option

Tim Dawson tim at Athena.UUCP
Fri Mar 30 07:11:40 AEST 1990

cjd at moose.udev.cdc.com (cj duffy x6290) writes:
>12:56:24 serv/lo-hi   request   request    server    server
>               0 - 0     %busy  avg lgth    %avail avg avail
>12:56:25          0       0.0         0       0.0         0

>Does other implementations of Unix update this information?  Does someone
>have some history on it?  If so, where can I read about it.

All Motorola implementations of Unix support this - on both the 68000 and
88000 platforms.

Hence an my 88000 system:

15:00:42 serv/lo-hi   request   request    server    server
               3 - 6     %busy  avg lgth    %avail avg avail
15:00:47          3       0.0         0      99.5         3

Please also keep in mind that these server stats are for RFS file servers -
if you don't run RFS on your network, you won't see anything in sar -S, since
you do not have the code installed to do so!  I hope this sheds some light . . .