(none) ESIX and UltraStore.

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.UUCP
Wed Mar 28 10:57:34 AEST 1990

In article <22869 at adm.BRL.MIL> ATT3B%UCONNVM.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu ( Martin Stein) writes:
>Has anyone run ESIX on a UltraStore Controller? (I have a Gateway 2000
>385/25 cache machine).  386/ix runs, but thinks there is a 387 (there is
>none and the setup is ok).

We have talked with UltraStore and they have a new BIOS that fixes the problem
with ESIX. The card we have is marked "38001-007, (C)VSC'89,8F65" on the
BIOS ROM. This version is working no problem here at ESIX with the cache.

> The salesperson told me to disable the cache and
>the bios on the UltraStore and then ESIX would run.
I have no idea if this works......

>I also would like to know if the ESIX xwindows can use 1024 pixel mode
>on my ATI VGA 1024 card.

Until ATI sends us the card and tech specs it will not go above 640x480.
We have signed no-discloser with them and its wait and see........

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V  UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705