crontab update

Kurt Lidl smaug at eng.umd.edu
Fri Mar 2 06:57:50 AEST 1990

In article <EMV.90Feb28121501 at duby.math.lsa.umich.edu> emv at math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:
>In article <24572 at princeton.Princeton.EDU> tr at samadams.princeton.edu (Tom Reingold) writes:
>>[crontab description for SunOS 4.0, SysV deleted]
>
>This is OK but -- I have a bunch of diskless machines with their
>crontab files all mounted via NFS from a server.  To update the whole
>batch I need to log in to every machine and run 'crontab' -- if
>I could automate the procedure somewhat I'd like to.

Well, you can do some funky things like this:
cp proto_cron /export/root/client/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
rsh client crontab -l

This will cause cron to re-read the file off of disk.  I would rather
that cron periodically use stat() the crontab file and re-read it if
it needed to...

--
/* Kurt J. Lidl (smaug at eng.umd.edu) | Unix is the answer, but only if you */
/* UUCP: uunet!eng.umd.edu!smaug    | phrase the question very carefully. */