Was: ctl-Z on process, more explicity question...

Peter C. Bahrs pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu
Thu Mar 29 14:39:27 AEST 1990

Sorry for the lack of stating the question in a precise format.  I will
try again.

csh and BSD Unix
Start a job:   prog &
then logout
login back in later and do a ps
job is running but you are not at controlling terminal
It seems to be a reasonable (which might be the problem) request
to 'command' the job to pause and then continue (just like I could do
if I did not log out).

using the kill -STOP pid; kill -CONT pid does not work.

| Peter C. Bahrs                                                         |
| The USL-NASA Project                                                   |
| Center For Advanced Computer Studies      INET: pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu |
| 2 Rex Street                                                           |
| University of Southwestern Louisiana      ...!uunet!dalsqnt!gator!pcb  |
| Lafayette, LA 70504                                                    |