4.3 System Administration Training Courses

Brando W. Brown brando at uiucme2.me.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 03:36:38 AEST 1990

In article <5587 at bgsuvax.UUCP> denbeste at bgsuvax.UUCP (William C. DenBesten) writes:
>I am looking for information on a course that I could take that will teach
>me how to become a system administrator on a 4.3BSD machine.
>
>I am looking in particular for things like setting up ethernet
>interfaces, compiling kernels, managing mail/printers/news, and
>building boot tapes

If you are set on taking classes, skip this message, but an excellent system
administration book was just published by Prentice Hall called "Unix System
Administration Handbook" written by Nemeth Snyder and Seebass. It provides
good, useful information for the system administrator. It is more of a begin-
ners book, however.

|   Brandon Brown                    Internet:   brando at uiucme.me.uiuc.edu   |
|   Addamax Corporation              UUCP:       uunet!uiucuxc!addamax!brown |
|   2009 Fox Drive                   GEnie:      xmg23356 macbrando          |
|   Champaign, IL  61820             CompuServe: 73040,447                   |