Object Oriented Languages for the NeXT

lawrence.g.mayka lgm at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Sun Mar 18 07:56:12 AEST 1990

[ I have added  comp.lang.lisp  to the newsgroup list. ]

In article <117 at melpar.UUCP> moffet at melpar.UUCP (Dave Moffet) writes:
>I am currently searching for an object oriented alternative to Objective C for
>the NeXT.  We are going to attemp to write an application that will be portable
>to different machines such Suns, IBMs, Silcon Graphics, etc.  Does anyone know a language developed or being developed that will suit this type os situation.

I believe that Allegro Common Lisp comes standard on the NeXT
machine, presumably including both (Old) Flavors and the new
standard Common Lisp Object System (CLOS).  Other Common Lisp
implementations are no doubt available for the NeXT also - major
platforms typically offer several to choose from.  You may want to
get a software maintenance contract, though, to ensure receiving
the performance enhancements most Common Lisp vendors will deliver
in the coming months.

	Lawrence G. Mayka
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	lgm at ihlpf.att.com