find problem -- bad status

bothe at net7.uucp bothe at net7.uucp
Wed Mar 28 07:13:39 AEST 1990

Hardware: Nixdorf Targon/35 (Pyramid), Software: TOS 3.3.04

I found an error performing the daily backup with AT&T find/cpio:
if you have directories /a /b /c ... /v
with one of these is (like /n) remote mounted (nfs),
but the remote hosts is down,
the comand "find / -print" will (sometimes) forget other directories to
find, even if they are real (not nfs) mounted filesystems !
find produces the error messages:
find: bad status -- /n
find: bad directory tree

It seems a very serios bug, because the result of find is unpredictable !!!

Is it an error in TOS or OS or a general error in find ?
Is it restricted to find or a general bug (/.attlib/libc.a) ?
what can i do to get correct backup all times ?
(find . does not work correct too);
***************   Richard Bothe, NIXDORF COMPUTER AG, Dep DTSW 2-4      _ / \ _
 N I X D O R F    Berliner Str. 95, D-8000 Munic (West Germany)        \       /
***************   Tel.: +49 89 3601 2956, bothe.muc at nixpbe.UUCP       /_     _\
C O M P U T E R   {unido!nixpbe, uunet!{nixbur,nixntc}}!bothe.muc         \ /