Beyond BC Available?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sun Mar 25 09:42:24 AEST 1990

In article <7009 at cps3xx.UUCP> reid at cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Dr Richard J. Reid) writes:
>Is there a follow-on to BC (circa 1978) available under UNIX?
>A more complete interactive C, that is?

If ordinary double-precision is sufficient for your needs,
then I recommend Kernighan & Pike's "hoc" which is described in their
book "The UNIX Programming Environment".  If you don't want to type in
all that code, I've done so (in fact later diffed it against Kernighan's
actual sources to catch any typos) and can mail you a copy.  However, be
sure to buy the book anyway; it's a classic!