File server security

Paul Davey paul at ixi.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 05:31:12 AEST 1990

In article <9926 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>
rogerj at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Roger Jagoda) writes:

>Is there a way to limit rlogin, telnet, ftp access to just
>a few users (the net administrators). ...

Set up a netgroup named say "admin" under yp with your
administrators listed as a set of users, leave the domain
and machine fields empty (wild).

In your server passwd files use + at admin instead of + to
include just the members of the admin group.

The only problem I have found with this is that the yp master
passwd file is usually on a server...

--

 Regards,			paul at ixi.co.uk          IXI Limited
	 Paul Davey		...!uunet!ixi!paul      62-74 Burleigh Street