Dvorak Keyboard Layout in Unix

Jay van Achterberg jayvana at wpi.wpi.edu
Mon Mar 19 05:48:54 AEST 1990

I type using the Dvorak keyboard layout (as opposed to the QWERTY layout --
the keys are actually remapped) on my Mac at school. I know that when I go to
work this summer, I'll be working on unix workstations like IBM RT's.

Does anyone have/know of a unix patch/utility that will let the user type
using the Dvorak keyboard layout on the existing keyboard?

In case I get no replies to the above question, can someone tell me how to
go about writing a program or script that will remap keys, if it is possible?
(ex. when I type a ";", I want the operating system to think it was a "s".)

Please email replies, I don't read this newsgroup. I will post a summary.

Thanks!
				-Jay (jayvana at wpi.wpi.edu, jayvana at wpi.bitnet)