ANSI header files

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sun Mar 25 09:33:46 AEST 1990

In article <2105 at kiwi.mpr.ca> parker at zaphod.mpr.ca (Ross Parker) writes:
>Does anyone know if ANSI header files are available for UNIX
>(specifically Ultrix 3.0 & 3.1)? I.e. header files to replace
>the standard /usr/include/... but complete with function prototypes?

You don't want to do this!
A C implementation consists of standard headers, a standard run-time
library, and a compiler.  All parts have to work together, so it is
a mistake to replace just one of them.  In particular, if the compiler
doesn't handle prototypes the headers had better not use them.  If it
does handle prototypes, I would expect the implementation to have used
them in its standard headers.