crontab update

Dennis Donovan donovan at atexnet.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 23:05:14 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar14.003245.2932 at llustig.uucp> david at llustig.UUCP (David Schachter) writes:
>Someone wrote:
>>>The *only* documented and reliable ways of getting cron to recognize
>>>a new crontab is to use the crontab command.
>
>Or become root, kill cron, change/add/delete crontab stuff, and re-invoke
>cron.  Violent, but effective.  Not, perhaps, documented, but reliable.  Quite.

I just did this the other day. I'm on a Sun 3/60. I updated crontab then sent a Hangup
Signal to the cron process with:

"kill -HUP ##"		where ## is the process ID from "ps"

It worked fine!!

|                    Dennis L. Donovan                     |
| UUCP   : !uunet!atexnet!donovan                          |
| AT&T   : (617) 276-7349                                  |
| USMAIL : Electronic Pre-Press Systems, Inc (EPPS,ATEX)   |
|          32 Wiggins Ave., M.S. 231/32W                   |
|          Bedford, MA 01730                               |