Hints for building menu-driven system ?

luci at esat.kuleuven.ac.be luci at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Mar 16 19:40:41 AEST 1990

For our research, we use an in-house developed library of image processing
routines. We want to group a large set of those routines in a menu driven
system.

We would appreciate receiving information on ways that you might have
considered for building such a system. We are also interested in receiving
information on commercially available (or public domain) systems.

The following considerations apply to our situation :

- any researcher should be able to incorporate his own routines in the
  menu system. This must be possible without changing the menu program
  itself.

- It must be possible to use the concept on UNIX and VMS machines
  (especially VAX, DECstations and SUNs).

- Speed is not of uttermost importance, adaptibility and ease of
  maintenance is.

- This system is not intended to replace our traditional programming
  environment ; it should complement it.

Stefaan Luckermans
K.U. Leuven
Dept. Elect. Engineering