X, nfs/exportfs problems

Farrell Woods ftw at quasar..westford.ccur.com
Wed Mar 14 10:37:43 AEST 1990

In article <9903 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> rogerj at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Roger Jagoda) writes:

>If we mount the Optical Drive under / [as in /OpticalDisk] on the server
>and export /, can't people nfs mount the Optical Drive on their local hosts?

No, they can't.

In your /etc/exports file, you must have the pathname of each mounted
filesystem you wish to export.  In fact, I'm using a Sony magneto-optical
disk myself.  My exports file looks like:

/
/laser

Where /laser is where I have the MO disk mounted when I'm running multi-user.

Add /OpticalDisk (or whatever) to your exports file, and other users should
then be able to mount it.
--
Farrell T. Woods				Voice:  (508) 392-2471
Concurrent Computer Corporation			Domain: ftw at westford.ccur.com
1 Technology Way				uucp:   {backbones}!masscomp!ftw
Westford, MA 01886				"I can't drive...fifty-five!"