sccs error msg

Michael Meissner meissner at osf.org
Thu May 31 00:32:47 AEST 1990

In article <18210 at well.sf.ca.us> gregs at well.sf.ca.us (Greg Strockbine) writes:
| all of a sudden I am getting this message when I try
| to do an sccs get:
| 	Clock may be set wrong! (Co11)
| The administrators have been monkeying around with things,
| but I still can't figure this error message out or how to
| make it go away.

One cause of this, is if your sccs files are stored on an NFS disk,
and there is clock skew between your system, and the system where the
files are stored.  If for example, the file server's clock is 10
minutes ahead of your workstation's, you won't be able to use 'get' on
a file for 10 minutes after doing an updated, such as a delta.
Programs like ntp or timed (better) can synchronize clocks across
systems, providing your system has the appropriate BSD system calls.
--
Michael Meissner	email: meissner at osf.org		phone: 617-621-8861
Open Software Foundation, 11 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA

Catproof is an oxymoron, Childproof is nearly so