merging 2 files

Jim Harkins jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP
Sat May 5 08:52:44 AEST 1990

In article <1990May4.004643.1994 at iwarp.intel.com> merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:
>In article <757 at sagpd1.UUCP>, jharkins at sagpd1 (Jim Harkins)  (thats me) writes:
>| I need to change a lot of words with mixed upper and lower case letters into
>| words of all lower case letters, from there I'm going to make a sed script
>| to actually modify the words in our source.  So how do I make my list?

I got my answer to this, thanks to all who responded.  The pattern of responses
was interesting.  I posted the request just before leaving last night, and
this morning I had 5-6 replies with variants of sed scripts.  Then during
lunch I got another batch of replies and these were all suggesting a tool
called patch, with nary a soul mentioning sed.  Interesting.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

--
jim		jharkins at sagpd1

My new investment plan GUARENTEES a 50% rate of return!  Just mail me $10,000
and I promise you'll get $5,000 back.