source code for the /usr/new/csh found on ultrix machines.

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Wed May 9 14:03:58 AEST 1990

In article <968 at umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu> phatak at umvlsi (Dhananjay S Phatak) writes:

> 	I want to know where to get the source code for the c shell whose
> binary executable version is in the /usr/new/ directory on ultrix
> machines. In particular, i want to know if it can be installed
> on SUN and other non ultrix machines.

You can't -- The Ultrix version is proprietary.

There are patches available for the Sun and BSD 4.3 csh source that do
something very similar, but you must have a Sun or BSD source license
for these to do you any good.

You may be able to obtain a Sun binary if you fish around a little.  I'm
not sure that such distribution is entirly kosher, but I've heard that
it's not too hard to find.

What your are looking for btw, is 'tcsh' or the tenex c-shell, a version
of csh that does command completion.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com