Closing only stderr in a sh(1) command.

Charles Noren noren at dinl.uucp
Wed May 2 23:43:09 AEST 1990

In article <1990May2.042244.13723 at athena.mit.edu> jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
>In article <1605 at dinl.mmc.UUCP>, noren at dinl.uucp (Charles Noren) writes:

...a simple RFTM type question (and a frequently asked question no less).

>  May I humbly suggest that you RTFM before posting a question like this
>to the net?  I'm fairly certain that the man page sh(1) talks about

...yes it does, and I stared at it for an hour and tried it out and it
didn't work until I realized I was in csh.

Sorry to waste the net bandwidth on this one.  I deserved the flame on this
question.

Thanks for all the kind e-mail responses also.

--
Chuck Noren
NET:     ncar!dinl!noren