Unix mail files.

Paul Griffiths pg at cxa.daresbury.ac.uk
Sat May 26 07:37:40 AEST 1990

Hi,
   Is there anyone out there who can tell me how individual messages
in a mailbox (ie /usr/spool/mail/$USER) are seperated from each other.

   The only distinguishable feature I can see is that each message begins
with a line specifying who the message came from, ie

	From Info-unix-requests at uk.ac.nsfnet-relay

   Note that the "From" has NO `:' following it. Am I on the right track ???

   Any help much appreciated.

P.Griffiths. Daresbury Laboratory Graphics Group

JANET:       P.Griffiths at uk.ac.daresbury
Internet:    P.Griffiths%daresbury.ac.uk
EARN/BITNET: P.Griffiths%daresbury.ac.uk at UKACRL
UUCP:        P.Griffiths%daresbury.ac.uk at ukc.uucp