help needed with curses...

Alain DURAND adr at quiche.cs.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 2 07:10:37 AEST 1990

Hi,

  I'm desesperatly looking for help with some low-level curses functions.
This is my problem: i'm using curses in a program that spawnl (fork, exec)
to another one that should also write on the same screen. But i do not
want the screen to be redrawn from scratch (as the second program is
short and called very ofen, the result is that the screen is flashing
all the time...). So i'm using some low-level curses functions known as:
scr_dump, scr_restore and scr_init. In the sun doc curses(3v), it's said
that i shall use endwin(); scr_dump() in the master pgm and initscr()
scr_init() in the slave one. i tried and failled. i tried with scr_restore,
it works, but i've to perform a refresh or a wnoutrefresh before, which means
that the screen is ereased before the scr_restore and i've a flash on
the screen...too bad.

    i'd like to have some help from people that have used succesfully those
functions...

thanks a lot,

	alain Durand,

	ps: please reply by E-mail at: adr at quiche.cs.mcgill.ca