Andrew system memory problem

Greg Smith gregs at meaddata.com
Fri Nov 30 09:28:13 AEST 1990

I use the Andrew console and Ez on a daily basis.
I have a Sun3-80 with the standard 8 meg of memory
and 12 meg of swap space.  When I was using the
MocaChip console my computer would run out of memory
overnight and blow out of an xlock as well as X
itself.  I'm positive the console was the culprit.
A process list however, did not show console as having
any huge amount of memory allocated.

Has anyone else had this problem with any Andrew consoles ?

I use the Antique console now and have another smaller and less
annoying problem.  The computer slowly loses memory.  It takes
about a week to get to be a problem and quiting and restarting
X windows will solve it.  I can't exactly blame this problem
on the Andrew software but from my earlier experience I'm
reluctant not to look there first.

Suggestions ?

I don't know much about the Andrew system so I'll include
the startup messages (for version numbers)
(Version 7.0, ATK 14.2); please wait...

Thanks for you time and expertise,

Greg