make command

Robert Lupton the Good rhl at astro.Princeton.EDU
Thu Nov 1 14:09:12 AEST 1990

Well, after there have been a number of references to the O'Reilly book
let me say that I don't like it.  It's fine as an introduction, and that
_was_ what the original poster asked for, but it isn't much good for
much more --- it is nowhere clear on what is standard, what can be
relied on, what is a Sun O/S or Sys V extension. And I seem to remember
that its treatment of libraries and RCS/SCCS was too skimpy to be
useful.

				Robert

(P.S. I don't like their lint book either for similar reasons, if that
helps you decide whether to listen to me on make)